Monday, July 20, 2009

A Pauper's Defeat

He lived and I died…
The pompous, blood sucking son of a bitch.
He embedded himself beneath my skin,
Feeding whenever he was hungry,
Resting when he was tired,
While I slowly lost the power over my life.
The strong will I possessed for so long replaced with a weak link,
Transforming me,
Into a person I would never think…
Could exist.
My eyes no longer held happiness,
My heart no longer knew desire,
And I,
No longer knew me.
Decisions became this disillusioned playground,
Consisting of confused thoughts in large portions.
My mind,
Refusing to be a part of the battle,
Focused on healing its previous wounds…
Leaving me to fight alone,
Lonely,
And exposed.
So as expected,
I die..
A pauper’s death…
No one to share my feelings of defeat with…

No comments:

Post a Comment