Saturday, July 11, 2009

Compilation Poem

Soooo...this poem was the result of two friends (Tasha and Ro) allowing their minds to bond...it's amazing how well it came out. Here is: My Life

My life,

Is a complicated combination of yarn,
The decisions I made now twisted with regrets and approvals…
Distraught,
I’m unable to decipher the code to my heart…
Frantically pleading with my brain not to fail me now…
I need to hit reset…please show me how….
Just one
More
Time.
I am transparent to the world around me,
Functioning on promising fulfillments and broken commitments…
Simply existing.
My body no longer responds to my commands,
In fear of rejection,
Or just more demands.
She too has become weary.
But...
I...
GO...
On...
each day a different problem
each night a different tear
am i going? am i coming?
is this love or is this fear?
i once knew who I was and what i wanted
knew the difference between the truth and a lie
i once knew the meaning of MY LIFE
but now all i seem to do is cry
and all the while no one knows
how i feel remains unspoken
to ashamed to tell anyone
that my heart and my spirit are broken
i just live and go on
no longer conquering world
i'm just a shadow of the real me
the world has conquered this girl
who was once a loving woman
and the perfect wife...
now i wonder where she has gone
and what has happened to..
MY LIFE

No comments:

Post a Comment